Welcome to the NAMI-NYS Newsroom, the place for reporters, advocates and other media professionals. NAMI's communications services team is available to news media for:
- Expert analysis on a wide range of issues related to severe mental illnesses or brain disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder/manic-depression, major depression, and anxiety disorders.
- Current data on research, treatments, rates of prevalence.
- Interviews with national spokespersons and technical experts
- Access to persons with serious mental illness and their families who are willing to share personal stories with the media
- Comment on breaking news.
NAMI- New York StateDonald Capone, Executive Director
99 Pine Street, Suite 302
Albany, NY 12207
Telephone: (518) 462-2000 FAX: (518) 462-3811
NAMI- NationalChristine Armstrong, Media Relations Associate
Colonial Place Three
2107 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201-3042
Telephone: (703) 524-7600 FAX: (703) 516-7238