How to make a donation to NAMI
Your contribution can have a significant impact on someone!
NAMI is a neighbors-helping-neighbors organization that provides the kind of support and advocacy that government cannot provide. Your contribution will have a significant impact on our ability to continue our work and expand our reach at the local, state and national levels.
Here are some ways we put your donation to work:
- Continue our strong public advocacy, demanding improved services for persons with mental illness and their families
- Address the insensitivity to persons with mental illness found in the Criminal Justice system
- Increase public awareness through brochures, videos, the internet and publications
- Bring you the latest information on research, treatment and important mental health issues through our newsletter, this website, workshops and events
- Conduct programs of education for families and mental health care consumers, such as Family-To-Family and Peer-To-Peer
- Promote Anti-stigma Awareness through teaching tools used in all grade levels, watchdogging the entertainment industry; use of media, and training health professionals and community leaders
- Continue to support the work of our local affiliates on behalf of persons with mental illness and their families throughout New York State.