NAMI Connection is a recovery support group for adults living with mental illness in which people learn from each other's experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding.
Groups are confidential, open, and free of charge.
Support groups are open to all adults with mental illness, regardless of diagnosis. Participants should feel welcome to drop by and share feelings, difficulties, or successes. Everyone is a valued participant.
A NAMI Connection group is an alliance of individuals who have in common the experience of living with mental illness. It provides a place to share our experiences and use them as learning opportunities for ourselves and others. Connection groups are a safe space to confront the challenges that all consumers face, regardless of diagnosis: low self-esteem, social isolation, dual diagnosis, stigma and discrimination, and others.
- Every Tuesday from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Counseling Center Conference Room, 4220 Bolivar Rd., Wellsville
- Contact: Laurel Stanley 716-372-4123
Clinton, Essex & Franklin (Champlain Valley)
Emotional Support Group
- Every other Wednesday from Jan. 9 to Aug. 21; 3:15 to 4:45 p.m.
- NAMI-CV, 14 Healey Avenue, Suite D, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
- Contact: Impeerium Peer Network / NAMI-CV (518) 324-6250
Peer Recovery Support Group
- Starting Thursday, April 18th, at 5-6:30 p.m.
- MHACG, 713 Union St., Hudson
- Contact: Don Webber (518) 828-4610 ext. 363
- 3rd Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- Argersinger Building, 2nd Floor, 73 N. Main St., Gloversville
- Every Saturday from 10 a.m. to Noon
- Amsterdam Riverfront Center Suite 2413, 2nd Floor, Amsterdam
- Every Wednesday from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- NAMI NYC Metro, 505 8th Avenue, Manhattan
- Contact: Patricia Maher-Brison 212-969-1778 or the NAMI NYC Metro Helpline 212-684-3264
- Every Saturday from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of the month at the YMCA, 651 Broadway, Staten Island
- 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at the Reformed Church of Huguenot Park, 5475 Amboy Rd., Staten Island
- Starting Monday, January 7, 2013, at 7 p.m.
- King's Daughters Public Library, 10 West Ramapo Rd., Garnerville